Economy At Morton's: Not Hurting!

From the looks of Morton's last night, you would not know anyone in Stamford is having financial troubles! The place was packed and people were chipper. My in-laws took us there to celebrate my bday, which was last Wednesday. There were at least two other birthdays being celebrated at Morton's. The steak was good, although my husband had to send his filet mignon back- it was oddly chopped up and fibrous-looking, and the middle was totally raw. El grosso.
I chose Morton's for my birthday dinner because I've been craving their tasty chopped salad ever since I had a TOTALLY MEDIOCRE salad at Capital Grille. The chopped salad, I tell you, did not disappoint: lettuce, hearts of palm, avodcado, tomato, and drum roll: bacon, blue cheese, and mustard vinaigrette. Best thing about the salad: it's chopped into small pieces, so you can quickly shovel it into your face.

I purposefully sat so I could observe a table of four: a mom, a dad, and their 2 children who were dressed like a Brooks Brothers catalog. The boy, maybe age 9, was in a blue sport coat with gold buttons, khakis, and a button down. The girl, 7 ish, was in a headband. I've never seen children at Morton's, and I was curious what they'd eat and how they'd act. Well, they behaved like angels. The girl got shrimp cocktail for her appetizer, and the boy got a Caesar salad. The girl got some kind of steak for her meal, and the boy got a side of mac and cheese, which he didn't eat much of, leading me to wonder if the noodles were too dry. They looked dry. Both kids got dessert, and overall, this family looked really sweet.

Overall, I had a great birthday week. Although I slept poorly, got run down, and caught a cold, I had friends over twice, got the BOB jogging stroller I wanted (I traded the Bugaboo stroller obsession for a BOB obsession- cost less than half of the Bugaboo), and got lots of birthday attention from friends and coworkers. Oh, and I sort of freaked out on a lactation consultant at Stamford Hospital; that felt good.

Baby Stamford Talk is due Wednesday, but I have a feeling he'll be along a few days after that.