Annoyance Solved: Or, My NYSC Still Rocks

It was a long week. "I need a $#%&ing endorphin rush," I muttered to myself as I hauled myself up the the steps of my NYSC at 8:15 am today. I changed and came out to the elliptical machines. Horrifyingly, techno music was booming out of the open door of the spin room. "OK, just try to deal," I thought, and turned on my music on the earphones; I couldn't hear a damn bit of the music that had just been plenty loud further away from the spin room.

I went over to the front desk. "I don't mean to be grumpy, but can you do something about that music?" I asked. "I mean, is it hot in there, and that's why the door's open? I can't hear my own music, and I don't really feel like having hearing loss, and I just can't deal with this today. I don't want to walk on the treadmills further away, I want to use the elliptical."
The woman at the front desk said, "Oh, maybe you can try this one right here, it's just like the elliptical."
Me: "I'm pregnant. I don't feel like learning anything new."
"It's really easy on the joints. I'll show you."
She showed me, and I tried it (because this lady is really nice and I like her), then I said, "I don't like it."
"OK I'll be right back." The woman went over to the spin room and came back. "She turned it down. If that's not enough, we'll shut the door."

I went over to the elliptical the farthest away from the room. I could still hear the music when my headphones were on. "Don't be a b!t&h, just deal," I told myself. Rather than trying to listen to my music, which was still pretty drowned out by the techno, I tried listening to ESPN. "Think of the music as motivating," I thought. When I couldn't concentrate on the Pacman Jones shooting segment, and then, an abominable techno version of "Twist and Shout" came on from the spin room, I'd had enough. I don't pay good money, and drive through slush and snow at 8 am, to hear someone else's incredibly bad music. I stomped back to the front desk.

"I don't want those people in there to die of heat exhaustion, but I just can't handle that music."
"No problem," the lady said, and went over and shut the door.

I finished the rest of my 25 minute light cardio workout in peace.
Just another reason why I love my NYSC, the one off exit 6. When that lady is at the front desk, she will take care of your problems. I appreciate that.