Gettin' Ready for the Storm

I made it to the grocery at 8:30 am, just before the rush. I didn't actually leave the store until like, 9:30, because I ran into fellow blogger Always Home and Uncool and talked his ear off, plus, I was sort of enjoying people-watching. Best sighting: slim guy with long white hair, in jeans, boots, a black leather jacket... and a Santa hat. I leaned over to him in the cheese aisle, and I think I said, "Your outfit is absolutely adorable." I know that's a totally stupid thing to say to a biker dude, but I didn't sleep a lot last night, so I'm a little giddy and nonsensical.

I forgot to get Wheat Thins, so I ran back into the store at 9:30, but lines were long, especially the ten items or less. People were holding it together, but I could tell they were getting a little tense, so I hightailed it out of there. We'll either do without cheese and crackers tonight, or the husband can buy crackers on the way home from work. We've got fire wood and S'mores making materials, and that's what really matters.

I'm going to clean my hellhole house and do some online shopping, since I have only bought two gifts so far, and I have ten family members to buy for. How 'bout you? What'll you be doing?

Drive safely, everyone, and have a nice snowy Friday!

My favorite post from Always Home and Uncool: Her Body, My Self