Where to Get My Friday Bagel?

Absurdly, I woke up at 4:15 today. Once my mind wakes up, it's tough to fall back asleep; plus, I love mornings, so even though I usually don't go to bed until 11:30, part of me still wants to be up at 5:30. I just tried to fall back asleep at 5:15 to squeeze in a 45 minute snooze, but I'm hungry, so I can't sleep. Focusing on my bagel dilemma will take my mind off how tired I am.

Liz Sue Bagels in Bull's Head, or Upper Crust in Old Greenwich?

Liz Sue's bagels are so good, but the line always goes pretty slowly. It's definitely worth the wait, but whether it's worth being late for work is another issue. I also like Liz Sue because the people are really friendly and make you feel like they appreciate your business. The biz has been around for over 25 years and they're often in the Faifield Weekly's "Best of" poll.

Upper Crust, on the other hand, has incredible veggie cream cheese. I got veggie CC at Liz Sue once and it wasn't as good. It didn't have as many veggies in it as Upper Crust. Upper Crust is also insanely fast.

OK, I've decided. Go to Liz Sue, because it's on my way to the gym. I might as well work out and make something positive out of sleeping badly. I'm too hungry to work out first. Bagel, here I come.

Maybe I'll try one of their other flavors of cream cheese.

Related posts:

--November 8, 2007-- My NYSC: Through Good Times and in Bad