Stamford's 2nd Murder of 2008

Aw man. I'm pretty bummed about Stamford's 2nd murder of the year. This guy was young, father of two, in college. Although he'd been arrested 5 times since 2003 (article did not say what for), his family said he avoided the drug dealers in the area and focused on his studies. His name was Jonathan Green.

Jonathan's body was found Wednesday morning in a backyard of a house on Garden St., near the Stamford train station. I've included a map below. Residents in the area heard gun shots at 2am, but no one found the victim until morning. The Advocate talks about how there is a lot of drug dealing in the area. No wonder I'm freaking nervous to park my car in the Stamford train station and come home late at night. Damn.

I was hoping we wouldn't have any more murders this year. The Jan. 3 murder of Marco Paoletta has yet to be solved, although police did release a surveillance image this summer of his suspected killer. I hope the police have better luck with this case.


View Larger Map