Mitchell's Fish Market: Enh

Valet parking attracted us to the Capital Grill/Mitchell's Fish Market (MFM) area at the Stamford mall last night. All that rain, 4 people, and only one umbrella = we needed someone else to park our car. We skipped Capital Grille after our friend reported entrees were close to 50 bucks. We were with a party of 12, including a baby, and we got a spot at Mitchell's near the kitchen. It was actually fun to watch the chef shouting orders to keep food flowing to the almost-full resto. The staff was friendly and service pretty good.

However, let me tell you, I'm not OK paying 25 bucks for flavorless scallops. Rrrr. The 5 people who got crab cakes said they were good, but my food was beyond mediocre. I've been to MFM two other times.
--First time, OK salmon, really good pink lemonade martini.
--Second time, disgusting fried combo platter. Horrible.
--This time, a salad w/ not enough dressing, way too salty lobster bisque, and disappointing scallops. Sigh. My husband's filet mignon was insanely over cooked.

Sigh, sigh, sigh. Lots of money for bad food. Sigh, sigh. But we had a great time with our friends, and the baby was super happy, then fell asleep. Good baby.

Now that Ocean 211 is closed, where to go for seafood in Stamford? Saltwater Grille, I suppose.

It was our friend's 30th Bday, so Beamer's got proposed. I thought I might make it there for the first time ever- I'm dying to blog about it- but we decided that a strip club was not an appropriate place for a baby, and that by the time we got 10 people in cars and over to the club, it would be late, and some of us are going to a wedding tonight. Plus, I'll repeat, we only had one umbrella. My umbrella.