Trivia at Tigin: Why Weren't You There?

All the cool kids were at Tigin’s trivia last night. My guy friends, two-time defending champs, hunkered down in their corner. Blog Stamford and Vin from Fairfield County Happy Hour Club were on a team out front. I played with two other local bloggers and two college friends who I hadn't seen in 10 years. They just moved here from the city; I am hoping my hobby of hunting down the good stuff in Stamford will ease their transition. They loved the trivia and are damn good at it, so I fully expect us to kick heinie next week. Our team, the Drunken Llamas, did quite well. My guy friends, who are a coworker's husband and his coworkers, didn't win tonight, but they only beat us by two points.

I like trivia because I'm competitive, and I like it when adults get enthusiastic about silly things. It's so funny to hear, at the announcement of the answer, "Annnnnnnnd the name of Hermione Granger's cat with the smushed up face?.... Crookshanks!" the roars of happiness and screams of dismay coming from various parts of the bar. I like games that involve shouting. I hate quiet games like Scrabble and poker with serious people who don’t like to trash-talk and bluff over-dramatically.

As usual, most of Tigin was full of men. I adore men, but I'm not OK with that. I'm married, so these men are useless to me. I'm looking for fun, and women are a lot more fun than men, so I need more women to come to trivia. Women keep the social atmosphere flowing; we're the talkers. As I've said before on this blog, men need us.

I'd assert that the lack of women at trivia, and even the lack of a huge crowd last night, is an example of how we are not making the most of this city. For years, I was so bored here. I should have been out at Trivia. Although, maybe
then I wouldn't have met my husband, and I don't want to change that, so I'm fine with my lonely, single years.

I was disappointed that the Trivia Girls weren’t there last night. I met the three of them a few weeks ago when I wandered through Tigin, sat down with their team, and gave them a wrong answer. They were so friendly, and they trash-talk like champs. They are girly-girls, too, and I love girly-girls. I bet they watch the show Gossip Girl like I do. I hope they are at Trivia next week.

Related Stamford Talk posts:
--June 8, 2008--Socializing Opps with FC Happy Hour Club
--March 9, 2008-- Trivia at Tigin: Stamford’s Hot Tuesday Ticket
--February 20, 2008--Gordon Ramsay, Trivia: Stamford Rocks the FC
--January 18, 2008--Stamford's Single Women: Where Are You?
--August 29, 2007-- It's Easy to Meet People on Tuesday