New Farmers' Market in North Stamford

I don't mean to be a b!&@h, but isn't it a little exclusive to have a farmers' market that people have to drive to? Now that I've gotten that negativity out, the Bartlett Arboretum and Gardens are having their first farmers' market this Wednesday July 9 from 10-2.

I'll certainly check this place out; the market sounds great. I'm just saying, it's not conveniently located like the Saturday market on Bedford St. and that limits who can go to it. However, I don't deny that the Bartlett, a beautiful park, will be a more pleasant location than busy, belching Bedford... if you happen to be free in the middle of the day on a Wednesday.

I question the timing of that, but maybe local restaurants will buy produce there. I bet most people there will be women with young children, but I could be wrong.

The photo in this post is of a picnic a friend and I had at the Bartlett last August. The place is beautiful and not very far past the Merritt off High Ridge. The Bartlett's market will run until Oct. 1. You can read more about it in this Stamford Times article.