Praise for Recycling and Trash Bins

Manager Mom has an informative post up about Stamford recycling. I’m not sure where the Katrina Mygatt recycling center is, or if I’m allowed in, but the info is on her blog if I need it, and I appreciate that. I am outraged that MM bashes our new garbage bins, but overall, the woman is a trusted source on many topics.

I had a big problem with our new trash bins when they came out in September, but the bin has really grown on me. I can easily fit pizza boxes in it, and pieces of small furniture. Cool.

Just the other day, I was pleased to see a uniform row of tall trash bins stretching up both sides of Colonial Ave. I felt proud to be in a city that manages its garbage in such an organized, clinical way. It’s like we’re robots, and what’s more organized than a robot?

If anyone hates their Toter bin, let us know, because I love when people go crazy over small things.

Related Stamford Talk Posts:

--Revisiting Stamford's New Garbage Cans- December 2007

--Toter, Toter, Trash and Trouble- October 2007